Night World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Night World

Webmaster : Akio (Sam), Luna (Lex)

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Things and lost and emotions buried. (Rainie)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Luna
Webmaster
Webmaster
Luna

Character sheet
Level: 1
Race: Mage (Elven)
Side: Nagol (Resistance)

Things and lost and emotions buried. (Rainie) Empty
PostSubject: Things and lost and emotions buried. (Rainie)   Things and lost and emotions buried. (Rainie) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 12:37 am

I walked though the grassy plains outside of the capital city of Bristan ahead of me a small patch of forest was visible. Not far from here...is that town. I thought my mind flashing back to 2 years ago. Everything was permanently burned into my memory. The smoke, the fire, Rainie and Shade being ripped away from me by...them, Vampires. My fist clenched and I glared at the forest before me. Worthless creatures that kill senselessly and followed orders like automatons. I hated them. They were the reason my parents and sister were dead, and Shade was still missing. They attacked ruthlessly killing anything and anyone, children and elderly alike. There was no moral compass for them, and I had yet to see a Vampire that didn't grow crazed after being around a person with a heartbeat. I tapped my crossbow, thinking of how many vampires had fallen under it's arrows. I never missed my true target. The crossbow was only to stun them while I moved in with my sword. If I wanted a Vampire dead it usually died unless there was an extrenuating circumstance.

I sighed and looked at the sky wishing things had turned out differently, that I everyone hadn't been murdered and that Shade wasn't gone. I sighed knowing that wishing changed nothing, that I was stuck on the path I was on even though I wished I wasn't and everyone I had once known was dead and gone along with the option of going down a road where I wasn't a Mage and my parents and sister were still alive and Shade and I were still hanging out by the lake outside of the village.

I reached the edge of the small forest and headed inside hoping to catch some shut eye while the as the light faded and night ruled. Before the moon was high in the sky I hoped to awaken in time to chase down a lead of some Vampires hunting the area for their sick blood fix. They wouldn't hunt here much longer, for this was my hometown and no one would hunt here if I had anything to say about it.

I walked though the woods looking for a good tree to sleep beneath, I came to a large oak tree and sank to ground and leaned on the tree closeing my eyes and willing sleep to come to me, I reached a hand up and drew Algiz in the air for protection and then another for restful sleep. I closed my eyes and fell into dreams where I still lived in the village with my friends and family, there were no vampires coming and no one was leaving to go to war.

Last edited by Rainie on Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : you spelled BURIED wrong in the title -.-)
Back to top Go down
Rainie
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Things and lost and emotions buried. (Rainie)   Things and lost and emotions buried. (Rainie) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 1:08 pm

Rainie hadn't slept well the night prior. Her sleep was plagued with nightmares, as it usually was, but more so since she'd come to the Nagol territory. What was it about this place? She wandered from village to village, each place she went sparking her visions of her previous life. They became more frequent, more violent, darker and bloodier.

But last night's dream had been awful. It was different from her flashbacks, where she saw through her own eyes. Last night's nightmare was viewed from above, as if she were detached from it all, no more than a third party viewer.

~*~*~*~

Running footsteps, moon overhead, trees and wind all around. There were also screams and fire, the dead among the rubble of destroyed cottages.

What was this? It seems slightly familiar...

There was a small speck of a girl, long hair a tangled river in the wind. She ran as if the Devil were at her very heels, breathing heavy and a look of determination on her doll-like face. But in her eyes was wild desperation of prey attempting to outrun a predator.

Is that…me?

The girl whirled, a bow visible in her left hand as she reached over her shoulder, running backwards lithely. The girl fired an arrow, and everything seemed to come into focus now. The dream remained excruciatingly blurry and vague, but now more shadows could be seen. Shaded figures scattered through the scene, each of them monstrous and terrifying. Feral smiles with gleaming teeth, eyes sparkling with bloodlust.

Vampires…?

The girl darted away, and for a moment, Rainie was able to see through her own eyes. Just the feeling of running over the rocky ground, the stinging in her bare feet, the pants slicing through her clenched teeth, and the stab wound that bled from her dainty wrist. There was a shadow advancing towards her, so she reached back for an arrow, but her blood-covered fingers met merely air. Her violet eyes widened fractionally, then threw her bow and empty quiver to the side and kept running.

If she survived this, she’d retrieve them later.

Her hand flew to her waist, and she yanked a silver dagger from her belt. Running to the vampire before her with impressive speed, she shoved the dagger though it’s chest. It’s blood splattered against her cheeks, and she winced as if it burned. Unholy blood...was all over her face.

What the hell started this madness?

She continued to fight savagely, killing monster after monster with blind fury. Adrenaline forced her to keep fighting, even though she was weak and wounded. Stabbing vampire after vampire, her pants turned to gasps, and her limbs just couldn’t take it.

I do not believe I am to win this battle...

She slumped to the ground, her strength depleted. She’d never felt so vulnerable, her vision blurring about the edges and her arms heavy as lead, her legs feeling similar. It frightened her.

The shadows gathered around her, murmuring amongst themselves. She forced her head up, glaring at them as if doing so would set the wretched beings ablaze.

Then the dream faded.

Rainie awoke from her troubled slumber with a start, her heart pounding, fluttering like a caged bird, and her breath heavy as if she still ran for her life this very moment. Her eyes were wide and her body was tensed as if ready for a fight, a blade clenched in her hand.

She took a deep breath, bringing herself back to reality, and dropped the dagger. Her heart remained at its frantic pace. She glanced around her. She was in a small room, with a single cot and miniature wardrobe. Rainie suddenly remembered that she’d come to an Inn yesterday during the rainstorm, after chasing off some bandits who meant to loot the place.

She tried to move her legs, only to find them tangled in the cotton sheets. The quilt was somewhere on the floor. She wasn’t wearing her usual black silk dress, but her red blouse and rabbit-hide leggings (pants). Her fiery hair was wild, and there was a layer of sweat over her ivory skin. She looked out the dirty window, finding it daylight. Freeing her legs, she went outside to ask if someone would prepare her a bath.

~*~*~*~

Now, feeling refreshed and content (she forgot the dream already -_-‘) she set out. Her black leather bag was slung across her chest, sword and daggers at her belt, and her bow and quiver on her right shoulder. All set.

She started towards the next village.

(A/N: skipping the walk, cuz I’ve bored you with my dream description...)

After an hour or two, another village came into view between the trees of the thinning forest. This one was bigger, and sent images into her mind. They used to be so hazy, without much of a background and just simply vague. These were clearer, and Rainie could now determine the setting of her past.

Her eyes widened. Is this...where I’m from...? She picked up the pace. She had to explore this place. She looked towards a large oak tree, spotting the figure of a person on the opposite side as her. All she could make out was long dark hair, not a face or clothing to assist her. They seemed to be asleep.

With a wary glance about the forest, (she’s convinced someone’s gonna ambush her. it happens A LOT.) her hand fluttered to the sheath of her sword inside her black cloak. She was wearing her black dress today, but the hood of her cloak wasn’t up, leaving her red hair to dance about in the wind. Her damn hair was like a frikken beacon that shouted LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME.

She hurried on, attempting to be quiet and not wake the sleeping person. She threw a curious glance over her shoulder, and snapped a twig beneath her boot.

Shit.
Back to top Go down
Luna
Webmaster
Webmaster
Luna

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Things and lost and emotions buried. (Rainie)   Things and lost and emotions buried. (Rainie) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 8:38 pm

As per usual whenever I traveled though the Nagol territory my sleep was troubled. There was little I could about the dreams they came unbidden by me and even when I drove myself to the point of exhaustion where there should be no dreams, they still came. I had no option I was doomed to suffer for what I had done. Or rather...what I hadn't done.
Snap!
I jerked back into the conscious realm before I even had time to registered what had happened I was on my feet holding a sword in one hand and a crossbow in the other. I was a well known Vampire hunter with a bounty on my head the size of Murdock, it wouldn't be the first or the last time that I was ambushed while I slept. Though upon looking around I noticed that there were no attackers and my weapons were trained on a young woman. I lowered them slightly sensing no threat but still kept my guard. My eyes flicked to her face as I stared an apology.
"I'm sorry-" I broke off my apology before it had really begun as my eyes took in her looks. Her hair, that fiery red hair that I knew so well. But what really got me was the face. The face that I would know anywhere. Memories of my childhood bombarded me as I stared mouth open at the girl.
"R-Rainie?" I asked taking a step forward and almost totally dropping my weapons.

Last edited by Rainie on Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : YOU SPELLED MY NAME WRONG!! >:O)
Back to top Go down
Rainie
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Things and lost and emotions buried. (Rainie)   Things and lost and emotions buried. (Rainie) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 1:35 pm

Rainie stiffened when the woman behind the tree suddenly leapt up in a fury of motion, armed with weapons in each hand. She was momentarily distracted by the fact that she had a crossbow in one hand and a sword in the other. Didn't you need two hands to operate a crossbow? She was pretty sure. Not to mention...the weapon brought a sense of familiarity.

Before she had the chance to ponder the reason why, her violet gaze darted up to the woman's face, for she had spoken. "I'm sorry-" It seemed that they froze at the same time. Something about this stranger's face...was so familiar. The long, pitch black hair was something she remembered from her dreams. And the girl had the most shocking blue eyes Rainie had ever seen. Though she felt that she should know this person, it just wouldn't come to her.

It had to be this place. This place where she supposedly had come from. Her mind was playing tricks on her --

"R-Rainie?"

Or not.

Rainie's eyes widened for a split second as she took a step back. The world seemed to tilt. This young woman knew her. Her head ached. Her eyes snapped shut and her hand flashed up to her forehead, as if she could stop the pain from there. Every muscle in her body was tense, ready to flee, to run as far away as possible. She looked up at the woman, her headache causing the look to be a venomous glare. Sparks seemed to flare around her, flashes of light across her vision.

"Who are you?" She demanded, her voice menacing.
Back to top Go down
Luna
Webmaster
Webmaster
Luna

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Things and lost and emotions buried. (Rainie)   Things and lost and emotions buried. (Rainie) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 6:00 pm

((OOC: She's got the crossbow in her hand because if the person is long range she can drop the sword and get 'em with the crossbow. The sword is in case they're closer...))

My world started doing three sixties. This wasn't even possible, there was no way that a chance encounter could bring Rainie back into my life. I was so busy wondering how the hell I hadn't found her before now that I almost missed her question.
"Who are you?" The glare I she shot me was full of enough venom that it shot down any of the hope that had yet to begin inside me. She'd...forgotten me? As I looked at her she seemed to be in pain, curiosity and confusion overtook me as I searched her for wounds. If she had any I couldn't see them but the dress and cloak hid a lot from my sight. I cocked my head to the side and gazed at her. A gestured I often did when I was perplexed.
"Rainie? It's me Luna. You don't remember me? We're...twins remember? Are you okay? You look like your gonna be sick." I said putting my weapons away and taking a step towards her. As I approached my senses started to pick up on Rainie herself. Something felt off and as I honed in on her I couldn't figure out what was wrong. My senses told me something was wrong but they couldn't tell me what it was. I'd never felt anything like this before. Rainie just...didn't feel whole. As weird as that sounded it was all I could get. I grabbed the water canteen that hung on my left shoulder and handed it to her.
"Here...maybe this'll help." I'd enchanted the water in there to enhance healing properties.
Back to top Go down
Rainie
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Things and lost and emotions buried. (Rainie)   Things and lost and emotions buried. (Rainie) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 5:01 pm

The stranger gazed at Rainie with her head tilted to one side. Rainie stiffened as pictures flickered over her vision. Memories. She squeezed her eyes shut, but the action did nothing to stave off the visions.

"Rainie? It's me Luna. You don't remember me? We're...twins remember? Are you okay? You look like your gonna be sick."

Rainie reeled at this statement. What?! A thousand questions screamed in her head, spinning about her mind until she grew dizzy. Twins?! Could it be...that in her previous life, she'd had a sister? Rainie knew that, at one point in time, she must have had a home. A family. But she had presumed they would be dead. Or someone...would have found her...looked for her...right?

The stranger was speaking, her lips forming words Rainie couldn't hear. It was as if she were underwater. All she could hear was a hollow thumping of her pulse in her ears. On each beat, her vision seemed to blur, then come into focus once more. The girl offered Rainie her canteen. She blinked at the thing, not really processing what it was due to the reeling in her mind. It finally dawned on her a second later, and she turned her face up to glower at the girl.

"I'm fine." Rainie hissed on reflex. She swatted away the canteen, stepping away from the girl. "Get away from me!" She spat, spinning around to run from this stranger who claimed to be her sister.

Rainie must have taken two steps before she realized just what she'd done.

FWAMM

She'd run straight into a tree.

She stood there for a moment, completely baffled. When had she gone retarded? She felt herself fall backward, onto her bottom as she stared at the tree that had (she told herself) just decided to spring up in her path. It wasn't until a moment later that pain registered.

"Ow!" She cried, holding her bruised nose. Son of a b****! Why, she would kill that tree... She jumped up, rubbing the pain from her nose as she glared murderously at the tree she'd run into. In the back of her mind, she was awed at how she was acting. Like a child! Nothing like herself. In fact, it wasn't like her to be so careless as to leap right into a tree. But she couldn't help it. She was angry at herself for running into the tree, and the tree was the unfortunate recipient of her wrath.

"Stupid f***ing tree! Why I oughtta..." She growled, storming around the thing with her hand still on her nose and her fist at her side.

What the hell was wrong with her?!
Back to top Go down
Luna
Webmaster
Webmaster
Luna

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Things and lost and emotions buried. (Rainie)   Things and lost and emotions buried. (Rainie) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 1:40 pm

Rainie swatted at the canteen I was holding and glared at me again.
"I'm fine" She hissed. I beg to differ I thought but refrained from saying aloud.
I blinked taken slightly be surprise as I shrugged and took a sip out of the canteen myself. I watched Rainie for just a moment before she bolted like a frightened rabbit. My eyes widened again. How...un-Rainie like. Only after she turned did I realize there was tree there. I reached my hand out as a warning that somehow died on my lips as she slammed face first into the tree.
It seemed to take her a moment the register the fact that she was in pain, then she fell on her butt and a cry of pain left her lips. Instantly I was stifling laughter, I had a feeling it would be a bad idea to laugh at this moment in time. However when she jumped to her feet and started stalking around the damn thing cursing it I could contain myself no longer and a laughter burst from my lips.
The scene before me reminded me so much of when we had been children that even though the situation was grave I couldn't resist.
"Oh gods I knew it was you." I said through laughter. I wasn't sure if I was breaching hysteria yet, but I thought I might be getting there as I doubled over while trying to compose myself.

Last edited by Rainie on Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Various spelling mistakes. ._.)
Back to top Go down
Rainie
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Things and lost and emotions buried. (Rainie)   Things and lost and emotions buried. (Rainie) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 2:36 pm

(OOC: Booyah, 100th post. A momentous occasion... Okay, I'm done. Rainie: Don't get too excited...)

Heat rose in Rainie's face as she attempted to ignore the girl's laughter. It was hard, seeing as that laugh was incredibly familiar. Her violet eyes had gone cold, and stared straight ahead as she left the trees.

Her pace slowed fractionally, the reason of her being at this village escaping her for a moment. Then a flash of a vision. She had stood here before. However long ago it may have been. She had run through this field before, laughing and as she felt someone's hand on her shoulder and disappearing. Playing a game?

And another girl...With long midnight hair.

Rainie stopped completely, her eyes blank with surprise, her mouth slightly agape, staring unseeingly at the town before her.

(OOC: couldn't think. >.<" Need to write for Shaelina...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things and lost and emotions buried. (Rainie)   Things and lost and emotions buried. (Rainie) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Things and lost and emotions buried. (Rainie)
Page 1 of 1