Night World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Night World

Webmaster : Akio (Sam), Luna (Lex)

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forever Gone (Luna)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rainie
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Level: 1
Race: Mage (Elven)
Side: Nagol (Resistance)

Forever Gone (Luna) Empty
PostSubject: Forever Gone (Luna)   Forever Gone (Luna) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 2:14 pm

Quote :
(A/N: Okay, this takes place BEFORE present day RP. Before Rainie's and Lu's reuniting thread, before Rainie's general madness and Luna's loneliness, blah, blah, blah. It's (more or less) 2 years ago, when Luna, Rainie, and Shade were seperated. Okay? Get it? Or do I have to explain more?)

Shouts and screams jerked her from her peaceful dream, and she bolted upright in her bed. She was in the room she shared with her twin and best friend. She looked around wildly, her mind shouting What the hell is going on?! repeatedly. She looked towards the other beds in the room, finding Luna and Shade also awake. Luna’s long dark hair was messy, as was her own. Shade’s short black hair stuck out in random directions.

They each locked gazes with one another, then threw back their respective quilts in unison and jumped out of their beds. Rainie bolted out of the bedroom behind Luna, Shade at her heels. The house was empty.

Shade’s parents were gone.

Rainie reached over and clutched Shade’s shirt sleeve as he stared around the house with wide, uncomprehending eyes. She acted as his anchor, for he had to remember that Luna and Rainie were important too.

A shriek pierced the air, and there were crashes and the unmistakable sound of fire from outside.

That set the three of them into action, and they made a beeline for the closet of weapons in the hallway. Two swords were missing. Rainie cursed, knowing she’d be without one. Luna and Shade snatched up the remaining swords, and Rainie grabbed her bow and a quiver of arrows. Luna took her crossbow as Rainie collected two daggers, leaving the other four to the others.

Rainie was the first out the door.
Back to top Go down
Luna
Webmaster
Webmaster
Luna

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Forever Gone (Luna)   Forever Gone (Luna) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 12:53 am

A particularly loud scream pulled me out of my peaceful slumber. I was alert withing seconds, my head whipping around for any threat, my tangled black hair flew around me slightly obscureing my vision. I saw Rainie on the other side of the room looking around the room. I looked at Shade across the room. The decision seemed to be unanimous. I ripped my quilt off and dashed out of the room. Rainie and Shade were on my heels as we raced into the room where the weapons were kept up front.
I stopped and looked around. Shades parents weren't here, uneasy nipped at me and made the hairs on my arms and neck stand up. Shade looked stricken. We all knew his parents weren't fighters. Rainie shook him out of his state grabbed her bow and arrows and was out the door. Shade and I grabbed the remaining swords and daggers. I strapped them to my wrists and swords I seathed around my waist. Then I grabbed my crossbow, cast one last look at Shade and darted out the door.
Nothing could have prepared me for what I saw outside. Fire was everywhere and people were screaming. The thing was most clear to me was that we were under attack. Vampires were running after people. I looked at my friend and twin, and cut down a Vampire heading for us.
"What's our battle plan?" I asked keeping an eye out for anymore.
Back to top Go down
Rainie
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Forever Gone (Luna)   Forever Gone (Luna) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 1:13 am

Rainie stared at the scene with wide eyes. Her home...her village...was being burned down...

Vampires ran rampant, killing and feeding. Rainie’s violet eyes were wide with horror as she looked down, for her toe had nudged something on the ground.

The bodies of Shade’s parents.

They must have run out of the house to see what was going on. They were completely drained. She looked at Shade’s mother, her pretty brown hair was stained with blood, her kind dark eyes were wide with terror, and her sweet face was twisted with pain. A frozen canvas of her moment before death.

Rainie reeled backwards, her mind blank with fright and her heart ached. She bumped into Shade and she glanced back at him, his face was twisted in horror, his eyes openly baring his pain. He looked frightfully like his dead mother.

Rainie watched Shade’s expression change, at first she thought he was going to cry. But his expression was one of blind fury, bloodlust, seething. He glared at the mayhem before them, and Rainie staggered a step away from him. She didn’t think he saw her anymore.

Rainie looked back at her sister, for she’d asked what the battle plan was a moment before, then heard something at her ear. With an internal yelp of surprise, she jerked around to look at whatever it was, bringing her bow up in the same instant. She ended up using her bow to strike it in the face, realizing it was a vampire. Blood leaked from its mouth, and its eyes were feral and evil. She struck it again, pushing it away so she could reach for her dagger. Killing it easily, she wondered why it went down without much effort on her part.

Not worrying about it, she reached back for an arrow. Striking down a vampire who attempted to catch Shade from behind (that’s what she said), she analyzed Shade as he fought. She could almost sense the blind bloodlust and adrenaline in him, and decided to leave him be. Shade could take care of himself as well as she and Luna could take care of themselves.

Rainie looked back at Luna. “To answer your question,” She began, “don’t get killed.” then turned to strike down another vampire. She stayed close to the house, where they couldn’t get her from behind, and fired arrow after arrow, and each creature she shot fell. She always stayed long distance; her purpose now was keeping the vampires from ganging up on Luna and Shade as they did their thing.

The blood-sucking fiends apparently intended to drain the entire village. Rainie’s violet eyes narrowed in anger.

Well, they won’t.

She shot down another vampire.

Quote :
(A/N: Next is when the vamps circle the three of them and force them apart, Rainie to the North, Luna and Shade...somewhere else. XD)
Back to top Go down
Luna
Webmaster
Webmaster
Luna

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Forever Gone (Luna)   Forever Gone (Luna) Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:02 pm

I grinned at Rainies response. Well, it appeared that there was no battle plan other than...don't die. Which was always the plan. I turned and attacked another Vampire that had been closing in. Where had all of them come from? Why were they attacking my village?
I shook my head. None of that mattered. The only thing that mattered was that this was my home and they were killing everyone they could find. They intended to kill us all. I wouldn't allow that to happen. I swung around attacking Vampires as fast as I could.
That's when I noticed I was totally surrounded. There were Vampires at every turn. There was no way out. It was either kill them all or be killed. I slipped into a mindless killing zone, I let my training take over.
The next thing I knew I was standing in a ciricle of bodies breathing heavily with blood coating my hands and face. My whole body shuddered and I knew a lot of time had elapsed since I slipped into my state.
I slumped against the wall and took deep, shuddering breath. Rainie. Shade. Where are they? I thought pushing myself off the wall. A burst of energy I jogged off to find them attacking anyone that got in my way.
About two minutes later I caught sight of Shade fighting another group of Vampires. I jumped into the fray helping him kill them all.
When the fight was over I glanced at him and he shook his head. He hadn't seen Rainie since we were seperated. I growled and jerked my head north suggesting that, that was the way we should search. The village was downhill from there and would see her if she wasn't at the top of that hill.
Back to top Go down
Rainie
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Forever Gone (Luna)   Forever Gone (Luna) Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:20 pm

Rainie spun around, for she heard something on the roof above her. Reeling backwards, she stumbled over a rock, landing on her back as the air rushed out of her. Gasping, she scrambled up to her feet and scurried in the opposite direction. There was another vampire ahead of her.

He was feeding...on a villager. A woman. A woman Rainie knew. Her name was Faith, and she had a young boy named Ashton. Her mother was dead and her father was frail, and her husband was abroad. Faith’s blue eyes were wide with horror as she spotted Rainie. Her hand twitched towards the well-known young warrior, as if she were beseeching her to save her.

Rainie automatically reached for an arrow, and swiftly killed the vampire. Rushing over to the hurt woman, she reached towards her now limp form beneath the dead weight of the lifeless vampire. Then there was an agonizing pain in her wrist, accompanied by a short yelp of pain.

Rainie froze and looked down at her arm. A dagger was protruding from her delicate wrist, pain shooting from the spot like fire. She yanked the dagger out, and looked for the villain it should have been connected to.

A vampire stood in the doorway of Faith’s house, apparently the one who’d thrown the knife.

Bewildered, Rainie looked down at the bleeding would on her wrist, to Faith’s fading eyes, then to the vampire in the doorway. Without another thought, she grabbed an arrow and killed the cursed being before it could blink.

She tried to take another step towards Faith, but something grabbed her shoulder. She whirled around, snatching her dagger from her belt, and stabbed the thing in the stomach. After it fell, she could see the chaos behind her. Luna still fought for her life, and Shade did the same. A villager tried to run from his home, carrying a young girl in his arms, but was swarmed by the savage killers.

But, more importantly, the vampires were closing in on her.

Rainie gasped, and realized there were far too many for her to take on all at once. Instinct took over, and she turned and bolted.

She ran as if the Devil were at her very heels, breathing heavy and a look of determination on her doll-like face. But in her eyes was the wild desperation of prey attempting to outrun a predator.

Rainie whirled, her bow in her left hand as she reached over her shoulder, running backwards lithely. The girl fired an arrow at one of the shaded figures pursuing her, each of them monstrous and terrifying. Feral smiles with gleaming teeth, eyes sparkling with bloodlust.

Rainie spun around and darted away, her shallow pants of breath slicing through her clenched teeth. There was a shadow advancing towards her, so she reached back for an arrow, but her blood-covered fingers met merely air. Her violet eyes widened fractionally, then threw her bow and empty quiver to the side and kept running.

If she survived this, she’d retrieve them later.

Her hand flew to her waist, and she yanked a silver dagger from her belt. Running to the vampire before her with impressive speed, she shoved the dagger though it’s chest. Its blood splattered against her cheeks, and she winced as if it burned. Unholy blood...was all over her face.

She continued to fight savagely, killing monster after monster with blind fury. Adrenaline forced her to keep fighting, even though she was weak and wounded. Stabbing vampire after vampire, her pants turned to gasps, and her limbs just couldn’t take it.

She slumped to the ground, her strength depleted. She’d never felt so vulnerable, her vision blurring about the edges and her arms heavy as lead, her legs feeling similar. It frightened her.

The shadows gathered around her, murmuring amongst themselves. She forced her head up, glaring at them as if doing so would set the wretched beings ablaze.

Quote :
(ooc: I already had this all written. -.- I don't remember writing it, but I've got the next post already done too. Go figure. *shrugs*)
Back to top Go down
Luna
Webmaster
Webmaster
Luna

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Forever Gone (Luna)   Forever Gone (Luna) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 4:56 pm

I ran up the hill, scanning every face I saw for Rainie. Half the eyes that met mine were crimson that dimmed as my blade sliced through them. All around me villagers screamed and begged for mercy. I gritted my teeth and shut my eyes to keep back the tears. Many of them were totally beyond any help I could give them. There were a few however who I could save from their bloody deaths. As we ran through the village I started to feel as if this was a pointless endeavor. There was no way the three of us could kill all these Vampires.
We can sure as hell try! The thought flashed through my mind and instantly my determination skyrocketed. What was I thinking? I couldn't just give up as if I was some new kid that just learned how to use a sword. I was a fighter! A warrior, who would never run from a fight unless the odds were so far out of my favor I knew I'd die. And even then I might not run. I grabbed my crossbow from it sheath at my back and glared around. This was taking to long there was no way we could reach the hill if we kept moving at this pace. I looked around for another mode of transportation. There had to be one. Then I spotted the horse.
I guessed it was one of the few uninjured animals left in the village. Just my luck that it had a saddle strapped to his back...which meant the owner was somewhere back in the chaos. I winced as I thought about that one. Then my gaze steeled, and I ran at the horse and jumped onto it's back. The poor thing was considerably panicked and I tried my best to soothe it as I ran through the chaos. Shade had somehow managed to get sucked into another circle of Vampires trying to kill him. Instantly my crossbow was eliminating things most of the Vampires were hit in the back but there were a few who managed to turn around in time to catch an arrow in the chest. I kicked the horse into a canter and Shade held up his arm. In one artful move I swung him into the saddle behind me.
"Shade you get your sword out and cut down everything you see." I growled. Shade did as he was told and I manged to steer the horse towards the hill and let her hit a full blow gallop. All I was required to do was hold on and shoot anything that got in the way with my crossbow.
Then suddenly the horse was falling towards the ground a dagger sticking out of her left flank. With a high pitched whinny she hit the ground. She also pinned Shade and I to the ground beneath her. I cried out and felt an intense pain in my leg, I prayed to every deity I knew that it wasn't broken. I squirmed under the fallen horse as she kicked out and tried to regain her footing. It took me about 5 minutes to struggle out from under her. Shade got out just out just after me.
"You alright? Anything broken?" I asked looking at him.
"I'm fine. Let's go find Rainie." Shade said and together we trotted up the rest of the hill. We hadn't gotten far when I spotted something on the ground. It was Rainies bow and quiver. The quiver was empty. My eyes widened and a sudden burst of energy hit me. I looked at Shade a certain horror in my eyes, then I ran faster and was up the hill in 30 seconds. Rainie was in a circle of Vampires that looked like they were debating about killing her. instantly I had my crossbow back out and was shooting Vampire after Vampire. Shade was now in the fray and was taking down as many as he could with his sword. As we fought though, more appeared. Two grabbed Rainie.
"NO!" I screamed grabbing another arrow and shooting one in the chest. My hand reached back to grab another and my fingers grasped only air. I cast the crossbow aside in a moment of frustration and grabbed my swords.
"DIE!" I cried racing forward and slicing though Vampires trying to get to Rainie.
No, this can't be happening! my thoughts screamed over and over. As I tried to get to Rainie I was grabbed by a Vampire.
"Shade get her!!!" I screamed at him struggling against the Vampire holding me. Before he could move forwards another Vampire grabbed him and whispered in his ear. Whatever he said it made Shade stop struggling and look forward...his eyes were just blank.
I screamed with rage and struggled with all I had against the Vampire. He laughed in my ear and twisted my wrists in a way that forced me to drop my swords. The next few moments were a blur as he turned my head to the side with one hand and held my arms behind my back with the other. This time my scream was raw panic and rage intertwined. Again the Vampire laughed and sank his fangs into my neck.
Back to top Go down
Rainie
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Forever Gone (Luna)   Forever Gone (Luna) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 6:30 pm

The shadows paused, wondering if she would put up a fight. Surely she wasn’t strong enough. It didn’t really matter. This wench had just slaughtered half their coven. She would most assuredly die.

Two grabbed her, holding her wrists and hauling her into a semi-standing position. Rainie’s head sort of slumped, black spots flitting across her vision. She was surprised how limp her body was, and just didn’t have the will to try to move. In her hazy mind and fading consciousness, she debated on what to do. If she could just get another surge of adrenaline, or maybe play dead, or...what could she do? She’d lost. She knew it. As hopelessness consumed her, she felt one of the vampire’s hold on her wrist tighten painfully.

Crack

Rainie gasped in pain, but didn’t scream. She still had enough will to keep herself from giving the wretched monsters the satisfaction of hearing her agony.

The pain snapped her out of the haze, bringing things back into focus. She floundered for a moment, her head snapping back and forth as she attempted take in the scene around her. It seemed as if all the vampires left alive had gathered around her, and were now fending off Luna and Shade as they attempted to get to her. The one that held her broken wrist suddenly let go to launch itself at Luna.

Unceremoniously dumped to the ground listlessly, Rainie gritted her teeth at the pain. She forced herself up on her elbows, red strands of hair falling into her vision as she looked up at the chaos before her. Luna fought viciously, urgently trying to get to her. She tried to get to her feet, just as something slammed into her side with enough force to shatter a stone.

“Ah!” Rainie cried in pain. She realized she was done for. Internal bleeding would surely be her end. The village healer had been wounded gravely. And who’s to say they would even win?

There was a curse, and she realized a vampire had stumbled over her. The vampire in question yanked her to her feet by her hair. She clawed at his wrists, mute from the pain. It felt like her entire left side had been crushed by a boulder.

But she still fought against the one holding her, but its grip was like iron, and at the moment, she wanted nothing more than to just slump to the ground. She gasped, fighting for her breath as she coughed up more blood.

That cold feeling in her chest returned suddenly, and she forced herself to look up. Reeling from dizziness, she focused on Luna immediately. Her heart missed a beat at the sight of her twin sister in the grasp of one of the vampires. She was struggling against his hold desperately, kicking and twisting with no avail. She screamed, a sound that froze Rainie’s heart.

Rainie panicked, and kicked as hard as she possibly could, the pain and fatigue she felt dulled by fear for her sister. The vampire’s grip did not relent. The one holding Luna turned head to the side, baring her neck.

“NO!!!” Rainie shrieked in fear and rage. Desperately, she reached for her sister, knowing that she was too far away to help. She strained towards her, no longer fighting, just reaching.

She felt the oddest thing happen. As if something detached itself from her body and strained forward. She could almost swear she could feel Luna’s mind, feel the panic and anger and desperation there. It must have been only a second, but it was the longest second she had ever experienced.

The vampire bit Luna.

A scream ripped from Rainie’s throat, for she felt the pain as if it were her own. Rage blinded her, her bloodlust an almost tangible aura. Nothing...did that to her twin and lived to think of it again.

She bucked in the vampire’s grip, roaring with rage. The thing hissed and jerked away from her as if she had burned him. She stumbled forward, then jerked herself forward in a deadly sprint. She stooped down to snatch a bloodied sword from the dusty ground. A vampire charged at her, and she swiftly beheaded it. Her focus was pinpointed on the vampire with his fangs in her sister. A strange and frightening energy surrounded her, everything was tinted red, and her pain was dulled for a moment. She mowed down at least half a dozen of them, and she was nowhere near Luna. Her left hand was useless, her wrist being broken, and hung limp at her side. But that only slightly hindered her as she struck down another with and upward swipe, the hilt of the blade gripped in her right hand. She was still so far away.

Suddenly, something struck her in the back, whether it was a rock or an elbow she couldn’t tell. Pain so abrupt, she stilled in shock sliced through her. She looked down, to see the shaft of an arrow protruding from her body. The tip was dripping with her blood. Her legs buckled, and she fell to her knees, her eyes wide and disorientated. Two vampires yanked her up, the pain in her wrist distracting her from the one spreading like fire in her body. She pitched forward, coughing painfully. Blood spurted from her mouth, a red stain the dusty ground. She tried to take a breath, but she couldn’t. The arrow had pierced her lung. Gasping and choking, she was beginning to panic.

Oh, gods. She was definitely done for.

Someone twisted the arrow, her head snapped skyward, the sharp pain blinding her as she cried out in agony. Cruel laughter echoed in her ears, and the ones holding her released her. She hit the ground hard, the pain that had been numbed just moments before returning at full force, with the added unbearable throbbing being shot through had caused.

It bewildered her for a moment, before blackness swallowed her. Her last thought was of her sister, and Shade. She hoped they at least survived. Luna could survive without her, but she would need Shade. And Shade...he had lost nearly everything today. He wouldn’t be able to survive without Luna.

Luna... Shade... please help me...

As the pain vanished with unconsciousness, she awaited death. She knew she would die. There was no way around it. She only wondered what would happen to her afterwards. Was there a Heaven? She had never contemplated such a thing. If there was, surely they would not accept her. Should she expect to be cast into the place where sinners fall, where she would be tortured for the rest of eternity? Or could there be neither, and she would just flounder in empty darkness forever? Or, even worse, would she just cease to exist? Her entire consciousness disappearing forever?

I don’t want to die...

Though nothing could actually prepare her for what awaited her...

Quote :
(A/N: *holds up hands hastily* NO, she’s not dead. And, yes, that was dull and boring, but really, I couldn’t help myself! My fingers had a mind of their own when they wrote those last couple of paragraphs. And, for some reason, the first time I tried this, I ended up killing the vamp feeding on Lu... I had submitted it and then went WAIT A SECOND... *checks “brief” histories* Huh...need to fix that... And, you know what, I’m editing this too... *edits brief history* Add some’a this, and a little of that, and gah, fix that, that’s terrible. Makes no sense. So, yeah. I edited my history. Rainie told me to. Jeez. She also reminded me that I had to write this by going “Poke... You need to finish me-nearly-dying.” But that was in the middle of the night, so I was all SCREW DAT, I’m going to sleep. But she was all like “Poke. Poke. Poke. Poke” all night, so today I was like, YOU KNOW WHAT, pain, pain, pain, ouch, that’s gonna sting, oof, not gonna live through that, mwahaha, and pretty much beat her up. Indirectly anyway. So before the author’s note (yeah, that’s what it stands for...tards...) becomes longer than my post, I wish you adieu. Bren and Rainie, signing off. *vanishes*)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forever Gone (Luna)   Forever Gone (Luna) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forever Gone (Luna)
Page 1 of 1